Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hold Still

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

I was more than a little hesitant to read this book when I first saw it at Borders because frankly it didn't really sound appealing. I am a girl who likes adventure and mystery, books that make you think. However, this book did prove it's self throughout my course of reading it. I wouldn't say it was absolutely amazing because lets be honest the author - no offense attended - didn't quite go in depth like the book should have. It had a plot that the author could have done a lot with but to me it almost seemed like I was reading a very long summary of a book instead of the work itself. I am not sure whether I would recommend you guys reading it, I would however, say don't buy it. It frankly - sorry for my bluntness - wasn't buy worthy.

Caitlin has just lost someone, someone that was hiding another world from Caitlin. Sure Caitlin saw the bruises the cuts, the scars but she never thought much of it, she never told anyone, maybe she should have. Because one day for Ingrid just leaving another scar wasn't good enough, she had had enough and that is what she tells Caitlin through a journal. As Caitlin works through her grief, guilt, pain, and jealousy she discovers what it means to live and what it means to exist. A novel that is touching and tells a story that readers wont know what to do with. Whether that be rejoice and hold it close to your heart or smile and put it on a shelf. For me it was a nice story of love, pain, and finding yourself through a mess of angst.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book for the longest time. I even ordered it months ago, but I never got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really quite good. I feel that if you are going to write a story about pain, or sorrow that your writing style should be frank, unsympathetic and to the point. This story was eloquently written in a verse that was stark and heavy with the emotion of the reader as opposed to some of the other books I've read where the main character wants you to feel sorry for them so badly that it comes off a little pathetic. I defiantly recommend this book as one of those books, you just have to read.
    Fondly,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

See Jane Run:

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Recommendation: Eh, it wouldn't kill you to read this.  The Intrigue: So listen, let's say you weren&...