Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Twilight (Twilight Saga #1)

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Twilight has not been one of my favorite reads in history, but it is still very good. My favorite book out of the saga is the first one Twilight, because it lets you into the world, it creates it before your eyes. I am pretty sure everyone has read this and if not I do recommend that you read at least one of the books, though I doubt anyone could read just one book out of a four-part saga.
In this book a normal, clumsy teenage girl by the name of Bella Swan moves from her beloved home and warm sunlight to give her mother and her boyfriend some time alone. So she packs up and goes to a dreary town of Forks, Washington, such a change from her lovely sunlit life. But don't worry she soon discovers going to Forks was the best decision she ever made.
When Bella meets the handsome Edward Cullen her world turns upside down, she can't seem to understand how she knows things no normal person could know. As Bella dives deeper into her whirl wind of love with this dangerous Edward she realizes not everything is as it seems.
Dangerous forces are out in the world and Bella gets the unlucky chance to meet them in this saga full of mushy romance that could put Romeo and Juliet to a small test. It gives us persective on just how strong love can be. Too bad it is just a make-believe fairy-tale

1 comment:

  1. They are not my absolute favorite saga, but the author did drag me into the story. I really felt like I was Bella falling for Edward and confused at what he was. I think the best books are the ones that make you cry and laugh and feel like you are the hero/heroine, otherwise there would be no point to reading.
    Some have critiqued her writing style as placid and childish, my friend said that it was like reading the unabridged version of a middle-schooler, but I disagree. Was it as mature as I would have liked? Perhaps not, but one has to consider maybe a story like hers should be placid and simple, otherwise it might've just been like any other vampire novel.

    ReplyDelete

See Jane Run:

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Recommendation: Eh, it wouldn't kill you to read this.  The Intrigue: So listen, let's say you weren&...