Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Kiss


My rating: 5 out of 5 Stars.
I took me a total of four months to complete this book. The reason thereof not having anything to do with the author writing style because is one to admire, but because it is one of those books that aches. If you have not yet found a book that does this for you I will be deliberate when explaining the feeling as it effects me on a personal opinionated level: It is a book that in the most illogical sense of the meaning of this next statement, beats with every word as if the book had taken on a life of its own.

I found myself at times throwing the book at my bedroom walls, denying that the events had actually taken place. I would not go as far as to say I cried because though the authors agony is noted it is simply too stark to ignite tears. I do not think the author wanted sympathy or the act of submissive sobs but quite the opposite; I believed she just wrote it. By personal experience I suspect a writer grieves by writing as any tradesmen/women do when they work their desired trade. A friend of mine, a homeless man who once inhabited the outside of my high school once told me with such a clearly that I was stunned into silence for the remained of the day, he spoke around the smoke of his curling Marlboro and in sparks of flourish "Sometimes you just have to write, somethings even though they wont be forgotten have to be written down so they can remain solid."

No comments:

Post a Comment

See Jane Run:

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Recommendation: Eh, it wouldn't kill you to read this.  The Intrigue: So listen, let's say you weren&...