Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Never Let Me Go


My rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Never Let Me Go was probably the must horrifyingly disturbed novel I have read since the all famous Hannibal novel came out. I thought the author's writing technique was superb as it was entrancing. The plot however is another story altogether, I recently decided to take this book off the hands of a friend who warned me that the story would probably be the equally best and single worst read I'd ever encounter, he did not lie. I found myself at moments flipping the pages of this book faster than any other before and other times I was literally crying my eyes out with heart wrenching sobs bursting from my chest, at one point in the middle of this morbid, twisted, heart breaking story I became so angry that I literally flung the thing at my bedroom wall. There is a saying, infamous enough it still holds justice: 'ignorance is bliss' so I warn you readers that if you do attempt to read this book it will change your life, outlook, and stand towards what is ethically right and what is simply your humane duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See Jane Run:

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Recommendation: Eh, it wouldn't kill you to read this.  The Intrigue: So listen, let's say you weren&...