Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 12 – A Book You Used To Love But Don’t Anymore:

Lucy The Used Up Goose: Extremely Difficult.
My rating: 3 out of 5 stars.
I find that a lot of books I love I normally tend to say in love with for some reason. I did however, like Escape From Memory by M. Haddix when I first read it and then looking back I realize it was sort of mediocre in a way, too confusing with just enough slight bad grammar to make it annoying. I do critque harshly on writing styles, I like fluid and smooth writing in romance novels, blunt and terse with memoirs, and sharply defined detailing in paranormals. The whole plot of Escape from memory was centered around a teenage girl whose life is thrust into a tail spin of chaos when the secrets of her families past come back to haunt her. It was original, I do admit, but I felt with a story like that, with such potential the writer could have took it three steps further than she had.
Just a snippet of the review to come. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

See Jane Run:

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Recommendation: Eh, it wouldn't kill you to read this.  The Intrigue: So listen, let's say you weren&...