Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 11 – A Book You Hated

Hate is overrated, Dislike is preferred: Difficult.
Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro:
My Rating: 2 1/2 of of 5 stars
When I first picked up this book I had heard lots of good things about it. People posting commentary's saying that the writing was 'defined and eloqaunt' and to its due credit it was. However, though the plot was original and so far the most imagined and well-defined one I've read, it was dreadfully morbid. There was not a single moment in the book when I decided that I liked it, in contrast I respected it.
It took a lot of time to create a novel such as this and as such I give credit to the author, for he developed his thought process precisely and accurately. It was a strong and at times overbearingly so dreadful read that made me want to contact all my close childhood friends and hug them.

To go the the full review click on the books title: Never Let Me Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See Jane Run:

Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.  Recommendation: Eh, it wouldn't kill you to read this.  The Intrigue: So listen, let's say you weren&...